If you are troubling while selecting extender from NETGEAR's wide range or are bothering for NETGEAR EX6100 troubleshooting or want to install new NETGEAR EX6100 AC750 WiFi range extender, then this article will be highly valuable for you. In this article both of the above stated subjects are explained in most elaborative manner. We have covered all the steps required for Netgear EX6100 installation and setup.Have happy reading.
Why to buy NETGEAR EX6100 AC750 WiFi range extender?
Extender as name suggest are designed to extend the signal coverage range of your home network by amplifying the signal coming from network router. NETGEAR’s EX6100 extender is designed to work in dual band which comes along with many other advantages some of which are as listed below:
- Capable to extend dual band WiFi signal up to 750 Mbps
- Fastlane technology can be enabled on EX6100 extender, which further enhance its performance
- Compatible to work with 802.11ac & b/g/n WiFi devices
- Due to its high speed of signal delivery it is highly recommended for HD video streaming and gaming
- NETGEAR EX6100 installation and setup can be done by either using WPS or manual method
- NETGEAR EX6100 AC750 is compatible to be configured in both extender and access point mode
- It comes with flexible external antennas whose direction you can change as per your requirement.
- There is no need of setup CD for installing NETGEAR EX6100 AC750 WiFi range extender
What WiFi Analytics App stands for? What is its functions?
User is always recommended to install extender in his/her network only in case signal strength of their network router is weak to extend that it is not capable to tackle the menace of blind spots. To analyse the signal strength best available option pertains to NETGEAR’s WiFi analytics app. It comes along with many other advantages such as it can be used for managing WiFi channels, checking network status, checking signal strength and many other things for which you have to download this app.
Best part of this app is that it is available free of cost. You can download it either from official website of NETGEAR or from google store.
What various LED status pertains to?
Before knowing about various other aspects of NETGEAR EX6100 AC750 WiFi range extender, we should have to know about various LED status, that what a particular LED status pertains to. Various LED status along with its descriptions are briefly discussed below:
- Router Link LED: -As the name suggest this LED shows status of connection between your WiFi range extender and network router. If the connection is strong then this will be shown by Solid green light. If it is Solid amber, then it shows connection is in good stage but Solid red shows that connection between router and WiFi range extender is in poor stage.
- Client Link LED: - This shows status of connection between our NETGEAR range extender and various client devices such as laptop, mobile devices etc. Here also Solid green pertains to best connection, Solid amber pertains to good connection and Solid red pertains to poor connection.
- Power LED: -This shows power status of your EX6100 range extender. If it is Solid amber, then this will be signal that your extender is in booting mode. If it will be solid green, then this shows that your extender is powered on. This is the stage when your extender is ready to be configures. In case it is off then this shows your extender is in powered off state.
- WPS LED: -This LED is basically helpful while you are installing NETGEAR range extender by WPS method. Solid green signifies that WiFi security is enabled, blinking green status signifies that WPS connection is going to be established and off state shows that WiFi security is not enabled on your WiFi range extender.
- Router Arrow and Client arrow: - In Case Router Arrow and Client Arrow LED is blinking then this is the signal that you have to change the position of your NETGEAR range extender and if not then this signifies that your extender is in good location.
NETGEAR Wireless EX6100 range extender installation and setup
Now comes the answer for the question of how to install and setup EX6100 AC750 WiFi range extender. This can be done by following any one method out of following given two methods.
- NETGEAR ex6100 manual/NETGEAR ex6100 genie setup
- WiFi EX6100 setup using protected Setup (WPS) method
User can go for any one of the method as per their desirability and requirement Steps to be followed while installing NETGEAR range extender in any of these modes are as discussed below:
1. NETGEAR ex6100 manual/NETGEAR ex6100 genie setup: -This method is ideal for the network in which your network router does not have WPS button. This method is known as manual because of the reason that user have to enter various details manually in this method. While going for Netgear EX6100 installation using a manual method you need a WiFi device which have to be connected to NETGEAR AC750 wifi range extender EX6100. Then after opening web browser, do enter htttp://www.mywifiext.net. This will prompt you to NETGEAR EX6100 extender setup wizard.
- You will be asked to enter username and password. Enter admin for username and password for password. In case you are logging into extender not for first time and had changed username and password earlier then does enter those details.
- Now select Smart Setup option. This will display switch setting on Ex6100 extender.
- You have to select the network which you want to extend. For this firstly select radio button and then select “manually input my wireless SSID radio button” and enter name of the network.
- Enter various security settings.
- You will be asked to select whether your network is private or public. In case it is private network then do select Private Network radio button otherwise Public Network.
- By clicking on Continue button you will be prompted to change the name of extender.
- Just by clicking on Continue button your settings will be applied to extender and with this your steps to install and configure Netgear EX6100 completed.
Your extender is absolutely ready to be used. You can place it as per your requirement and enjoy interrupted internet connectivity throughout your network.
2. WiFi EX6100 setup using protected Setup(WPS) method: - This method is the easiest one if you are going for NETGEAR EX6100 setup. This method enable user to go for new extender setup AC750 wifi range extender by pushing a button. You have to simply press WPS button on your EX6100 WiFi range extender and wait for two minutes. In the meantime, do press WPS button on your network router. Just by doing so your extender stands to be installed. You can place it at the location which suits you but do ensure that connection between network router and extender should have to be maintained. SO to find best suitable position to place your new EX6100 range extender you can use Link rate LED of extender. The location when it blinks green is ideal position to place your newly installed extender.
Hope all your queries are adequately addressed in this article. But in case you are still left with any query then you are advised to refer other articles on our blog. For further clarification you can visit NETGEAR’s official website. We wish you to enjoy seamless internet connectivity.
Netgear EX6100 installation and setup